Please read our privacy notice carefully as it describes our collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information. This notice applies to any website, application, or service which references this privacy notice. Where you provide us with your personal information in any of the ways described in paragraph 2 below, you agree that we may use it as described in this privacy notice.
- Who we are
String Computer Systems Ltd, 3 Hardy Close, Preston Lancashire PR22XP. Company registration number 824 9750 04. We are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register of Data Controllers under registration number Z9918121The company will act as your data controller and is responsible for the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and protection of your personal information.
- How we collect information
We will collect information about you and any other party whose details you provide to us when you:
- register through our website, applications, or services (including free trials); this may include your name, address, email address, and telephone number. We may also ask you to provide additional information about your business and your preferences;
- place an order using our sales team, this may include your name (including business name), address, contact (including telephone number and email address), and payment details;
- complete online forms (including call back requests), take part in surveys, post on our message boards, post any blogs, enter any competitions or prize draws, download information such as white papers or other publications, or participate in any other interactive areas that appear on our website or within our application or service;
- interact with us using social media;
- provide your contact details to us when registering to use or accessing any websites, applications, or services we make available or when you update those details; and
- contact us offline, for example by telephone, fax, SMS, email or post
We may enhance personal information we collect from you with information we obtain from third parties that are entitled to share that information; for example, information from credit agencies, search information providers, or public sources (e.g. for customer due diligence purposes), but in each case as permitted by applicable laws.
If you intend giving us personal information about someone else, you must ensure that beforehand you have their explicit consent to do so and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose, and retain their personal information or direct them to read our privacy notice.
- How we use your information
You agree that we may use your information to:
- provide any information and services that you have requested or any applications or services that you have ordered;
- compare information for accuracy and to verify it with third parties;
- provide any applications, products, services, and information that you have requested from us;
- manage and administer your use of applications, products, and services you have asked us to provide;
- manage our relationship with you (for example, customer services and support activities);
- monitor, measure, improve, and protect our content, website, applications, and services;
- provide you with any information that we are required to send you to comply with our regulatory or legal obligations;
- detect, prevent, investigate, or remediate crime, illegal or prohibited activities, or to otherwise protect our legal rights (including liaison with regulators and law enforcement agencies for these purposes);
- contact you to see if you would like to take part in our customer research (for example, feedback on your use of our applications, products, and services);
- deliver targeted advertising, marketing (including in-product messaging), or information to you which may be useful to you, based on your use of our applications and services;
- deliver joint content and services with third parties which whom you have a separate relationship (for example, social media providers); and
- provide you with location based services (for example, advertising and other personalised content), where we collect geo-location data.
We may retain information about you after the closure of any services. This information will be held and used for as long as permitted for legal, regulatory, fraud prevention, and legitimate business purposes.
We may monitor and record our communications with you, including e-mails and phone conversations. Information which we collect may then be used for training purposes, quality assurance, to record details about our website, applications and services you order from us or ask us about, and in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations generally.
- Sharing your information
We may share your information with:
- any company partnered provider including those companies listed at the bottom of this privacy notice, for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, (e.g. global information and customer relationship management; software and service compatibility and improvements; and to provide you with any information, applications, products, or services that you have requested);
- our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers, and those organisations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services, and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- third parties used to facilitate payment transactions, for example clearing houses, clearing systems, financial institutions, and transaction beneficiaries;
- third parties where you have a relationship with that third party and you have consented to us sending information (for example social media sites or other third party application providers);
- third parties for marketing purposes (e.g. our partners and other third parties with whom we work and whose products or services we think will interest you in the operation of your business activities. For example, financial services organisations (such as banks, insurers, finance providers), payment solutions providers, and software and services providers that provide business solutions);
- credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- regulators to meet our legal and regulatory obligations;
- law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders;
- any third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings, provided we can do so lawfully (for example in response to a court order);
- any third party in order to meet our legal and regulatory obligations, including statutory or regulatory reporting or the detection or prevention of unlawful acts;
- another organisation if we sell or buy (or negotiate to sell or buy) any business or assets; and
- another organisation to whom we may transfer our agreement with you.
We may share non-personally identifiable information about the use of our website, applications, products, or services publicly or with third parties but this will not include information that can be used to identify you.
From time to time, we may use your information to contact you with details about our applications, products, and services which we feel may be of interest to you. We may also share your information with carefully selected third parties so that they (or we) may contact you with information about their products or services which we feel may be of interest to you. We or they may wish to contact you for this purpose by telephone, post, SMS, or email. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. You may also request at any time that we do not share your information with third parties referred to in this paragraph. If you wish to exercise these rights you can do so by selecting your contact preferences at the point where you provide us with your details on our websites, applications, or services or by sending us an email to email@example.com.
- Cookies, Analytics, and Traffic Dat
How to disable cookies
You may be able to configure your browser or our website, application, or service to restrict cookies or block all cookies if you wish, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our websites, applications, or services. For more information about cookies and instructions on how to adjust your browser settings to accept, delete, or reject cookies, see the Internet Advertising Bureau website www.youronlinechoices.co.uk.
- Your information
If we hold any information about you which is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date. If you would like to update your records or see a copy of the information that we hold about you, you can contact us at Data Protection Officer, String Computer Systems, 3 Hardy Close, Preston Lancashire, PR2 2XP or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you withdraw your consent to the use or of your personal information for purposes set out in our privacy notice, we may not be able to provide you with access to all applications, and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes or to comply with applicable laws and regulation. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without notifying you).
- Changes to our privacy notice
We may change our privacy notice from time to time. We will always update the privacy notice on our website, so please try to read it when you visit the website (the ‘last updated’ reference tells you when we last updated our privacy notice).
- Security and storage of information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against its unauthorised or unlawful processing and against its accidental loss, destruction, or damage. We will do our best to protect your personal information but we cannot guarantee the security of your data which is transmitted to our website, applications or services or to other website, applications, and services via an internet or similar connection. If we have given you (or you have chosen) a password to access certain areas of our websites, applications, or services please keep this password safe – we will not share this password with anyone.
If you believe your account has been compromised, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Further information
If you would like further information about data protection, or if you would like to view the register of Data Controllers, you can visit the Information Commissioner’s site at ico.org.uk.
Company name Address
The Sage Group plc North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, NE13 9AA
AutoTask Autotask (UK) Limited, Ambassador House, Paradise Road, Richmond-upon-Thames, Surrey TW9 1SQ
TeamViewer TeamViewer GmbH, Jahnstr. 30, 73037 Goeppingen, Germany
Microsoft Microsoft Campus, Thames Valley Park, Reading, RG6 1WG
Fujitsu Fujitsu UK, Lovelace Road, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 8SN
Version 3.0 May 2018 – Edited and customised by: String Computer Systems Ltd, 3 Hardy Close, Preston, PR2 2XP