This role places the ideal candidate at the forefront of delivering our Cloud Journey Solutions. In return you’d get to become one of our greatest assets; delivering genuine transformation to the way our clients collaborate, communicate and deliver their IT services. You’ll have recent experience in a role owning and delivering successful, often complex, technology projects, across a wide range of environments covering on-premises and in the cloud. You will have an eye for detail and be focused on ensuring that meeting customer objectives and outcomes are at the heart of your engagement. In addition, you will support in-house colleagues on the help desk in resolving escalated support incidents of a more complex nature.
String Systems are a fast-growing hybrid cloud solutions services provider based in North West England, servicing clients across the United Kingdom and beyond. Working with clients to truly understand their challenges and opportunities; we deploy tailored hybrid cloud technology solutions that empower their employees, allow them to flex between on-premises and cloud infrastructures and to deploy the latest generation of cyber security and business continuity technology. We then provide ongoing comprehensive managed support services; allowing our clients to focus on their business, while we take care of the IT stuff.
We differentiate through our approach: ‘Client First’ at all times. We are a totally committed team with a can-do culture, who enjoy working hard but also enjoy having fun together.
Key responsibilities include:
- To take the lead role and /or work as part of a team delivering cloud migration, infrastructure installation, hardware refresh and other projects to a wide variety of client organisations
- To troubleshoot and resolve the more complex 3rd line issues that 2nd line engineers have escalated, whilst maintaining an accurate record of work undertaken in our helpdesk system
- Play an active role in securing and maintaining technical accreditations
- Play an active role in driving our evolving product portfolio and innovation
- Minimum of 2 years’ proven experience working in a 3rd line position (Required)
- Candidate must hold the MCSE Microsoft accreditations (Required)
- Prior experience of working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Office 365 and Azure
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV/VMware)
- Microsoft Server 2008-2016
- Microsoft desktops OS W7 – Windows 10
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 – 2016
- LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage (Desirable)
- Backup and DR technologies
This role will be within our Preston office.
- Attractive Package dependent on experience
- Company co-funded pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
- Modern Preston office close to all local amenities
- 20 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Working 38.75 hours per week, between 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Continual professional development plans
- You will have proven experience in our key technology areas
- You will understand the importance of the basics
- Excellent communications (strong written and verbal communication skills)
- Excellent customer service (willing to go the extra mile)
- Have interest in learning about current/new/future technologies to help the Company, customers, themselves and their team
- Be able to take ownership of a task or project to see it through to completion and to exceed expectations whenever possible
- To be self-motivated and a contributing member of the team
- Have a flair for problem solving
- Be able to manage/prioritise their own workload so tasks can be completed to a customer’s satisfaction and meet Service Level Agreements where necessary
- Good time management
- Ability to work under pressure
- You are looking to personally grow your career in a fast growing and ambitious company
- You understand the “client 1st” focus and strive to go the extra mile
Our Mission Statement
To help our clients, our team and our partner organisations achieve more through our provision of appropriately designed, expertly deployed and well supported technology solutions.
String Systems is an equal opportunities employer.