3rd Line Systems Engineer
The ideal candidate will have recent experience in a role, owning and delivering successful, often complex, technology projects, across a wide range of environments, on-premise and in the cloud. You will have an eye for detail and be focused on ensuring that meeting customer objectives and outcomes are at the heart of your engagement. In addition, you will support in house colleagues on the help desk resolve escalated support incidents of a more complex nature.
String Systems are a fast-growing Managed Services Provider based in Preston, Lancashire, servicing clients across the North of England and beyond. Working with clients to truly understand their challenges and opportunities, we deploy tailored technology solutions across the cloud and on premise, that make a tangible difference to their organisation, and then provide ongoing comprehensive proactive and reactive support services. We focus on their IT so they can focus on their business.
We differentiate through our approach. ‘Client first’ at all times, we are a totally committed team with a can-do culture, who enjoy working hard but also enjoy having fun together.
Key responsibilities include
- To take the lead role and /or work as part of a team delivering cloud migration, infrastructure installation, hardware refresh and other projects to a wide variety of client organisations
- To troubleshoot and resolve the more complex 3rd line issues that 2nd line engineers have escalated, whilst maintaining an accurate record o work undertaken in our helpdesk system
- Play an active role in securing and maintaining technical accreditations
- Play an active role in driving our evolving product portfolio and innovation
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 3rd line position (Required)
- Candidate must hold the MCSE Microsoft accreditations (Required)
- Prior experience of working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft Server 2008-2016
- Microsoft desktops OS W7 – Windows 10
- MS Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 – 2016
- Office 365/Azure
- Server Virtualisation (HyperV / VMware)
- LAN/WAN (routers, switches, firewall)
- Different Type of storage infrastructures
- Backup and DR technologies (experience of Veeam is desirable)
This role will be within our Preston based offices.
- Attractive Package dependent on experience
- Company co-funded pension scheme
- Profit related bonus
- Modern Preston office close to all local amenities
- 20 days’ annual leave (not including bank holidays)
- Working 38.75 hours per week, between 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
- Continual professional development plans
- You will have proven experience
- You will understand the importance of the basics
- Excellent communications (strong written and verbal communication skills)
- Excellent customer service (willing to go the extra mile)
- Have interest in learning about current/new/future technologies to help the Company, customers, themselves and their team.
- Be able to take ownership of a task or project to see it through to completion and to exceed expectations whenever possible.
- To be self-motivated and a contributing member of the team
- Have a flair for problem solving.
- Be able to manage/prioritise their own workload so tasks can be completed to a customer’s satisfaction and meet Service Level Agreements where necessary.
- Good time management.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- You are looking to personally grow in a growing and ambitious company
- You understand the “client 1st“ focus and strive to go the extra mile String Systems is an equal opportunities employer
Our Mission Statement
To help our clients, our team and our partner organisations achieve more through our provision of appropriately designed, expertly deployed and well supported technology solutions.