The ideal candidate will have recent experience in a role providing quality 2nd Line support in a busy technical helpdesk environment on incidents and escalated problems relating to a wide range of largely Microsoft, multiple hardware vendors and environmental issues. You will also undertake low level client installations on site, working both independently and as part of a team. The ideal candidate will have a desire to progress to consultancy capability and have the ambition to acquire the necessary skills over time, supported by the business.
String Systems are a fast-growing Microsoft Gold cloud solutions services provider based in North West England, servicing clients across the United Kingdom and beyond. Working with clients to truly understand their business challenges and opportunities; we deploy tailored cloud technology solutions that empower their employees, allow them to flex between on-premises and cloud infrastructures, and to deploy the latest generation of cyber security and business continuity technology. We then provide ongoing comprehensive managed support services; allowing our clients to focus on their business, while we take care of the IT stuff.
We differentiate through our approach: ‘Client First’ at all times. We are a totally committed team with a can-do culture, who enjoy working hard but also enjoy having fun together.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivery of high quality remote support on a range of technical incidents and problems
- Responding to, and effectively resolving, customer issues, incidents, and queries
- Working with colleagues on issue escalation as necessary
- Perform administrative tasks user and server related
- Working to and understanding the importance of SLAs
- Adopting and applying a ‘hands on’ problem solving approach
- Take ownership of incidents assigned to you and manage them through to resolution
- Ensuring SLAs are met; time to respond, time to resolve and first-time-fix
- Troubleshooting 3rd party applications
- Installing equipment on client site to the highest possible standard
- Undertaking remote network analysis and performance management
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience working in a 2nd line position (Required)
- Prior experience of working for a Managed Service Provider (Desirable)
- Thorough knowledge of current IT technology including (but not limited to):
- Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Server 2008-2016
- Microsoft desktop operating systems
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft Exchange 2007 – 2016
- Microsoft Azure
- Networking Essentials
This role will be based within our Preston office.
Here at String, we’ve developed our own unique culture based upon our 12 A-Player traits. If you want to accelerate your career in the Microsoft cloud space with us; you’ll recognise yourself in our 12 A-Player Traits, as they all:
- Look forward to coming to work
- Admit their mistakes (preferable before they are noticed)
- Aren’t afraid to ask for help
- Celebrate the success of others
- Make time to help others when needed
- Constantly strive to develop themselves
- Put the needs of our clients and their fellow A Players ahead of their own egos
- Consider the consequences of their actions and plan ahead
- Don’t use exclamation marks or capital letters in emails when angry
- Find ways to innovate and improve
- Define themselves by their own behaviours, not the deficiencies of others
- Go home happy at the end of each day
String Systems is an equal opportunities employer.